[GNC-dev] Deprecating ssh-dss keys on code

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon Feb 11 16:32:16 EST 2019

John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> writes:

>> of dss keys appear to be owned by: asayed, chris, dvherman, hampton,
>> jsled, linas, rolf, tomfray, wilddev, and myself.
>
> Derek,
>
> I think it makes more sense to remove the ids than to get new keys for
> any of those except you and maybe Linas. If any of them should wander
> back we can recreate the ids and generate new keys pretty quickly.

Well, I figured out how to re-enable ssh-dss for now.  I upgraded my own
keys, but if any of the above (ex-?) devs want to have access going
forward they will need to work with me to upgrade their keys.  I will
let the configuration modification lapse the next time that file gets
reset by an update.

> Even if the script hadn't been lost it's likely not compatible with gitorious.

Well, the script did all the user creation, email forwarding, etc.
Then, yes, the key would need to be added to the gitolite admin repo too.

> Regards,
> John Ralls

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745