[GNC-dev] ECB Daily Average Quotes

Wm wm_o_o_o at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 20 08:33:19 EST 2019

On 18/02/2019 15:01, John Ralls wrote:

>> On Feb 17, 2019, at 11:50 AM, Christian Kluge <frakturfreak at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It might be your so called valuation exercise, but it annoys me very
>> much that Finance::Quote doesn’t fetch the daily average quotes from the
>> ECB yet.
>
> Are they published on a website somewhere in a way that a computer can digest them? Screen-scraping is OK, several of the F::Q modules do that, it's just fragile.

For most people ECB rates are just something you use to say what you
got, etc.  It isn't realistically tradeable for most people outside of
the futures, spread betting and similar markets.

Let me put it this way, no matter how much you try to affect the ECB by
buying or selling it, the ECB is probably just going to be the same anyway.

HTH

--
Wm