[GNC-dev] GnuCash 3 on Linux

Wm wm_o_o_o at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 23 17:59:42 EST 2019

On 23/02/2019 22:30, David Cousens wrote:
> Chris,
>
> If I save reports from GnuCash 3.4 on Linux Mint Tara (Ubuntu 18.04), the
> reports are saved in
> /home/<user>/.local/share/gnucash/saved-reports-2.8 and I have verified this
> contains the report config which I saved.
>
> This is where I expected to find them based on the description in
> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations.
>
> I am not sure what the 2.4 in your case and 2.8 in my case actually refer
> to. The wiki says  they are related to GnuCash versions but not obviously
> the version which is running.

So if you want to back stuff up, what do you back up and are you sure
you are backing up sufficient to replace or recreate in case of emergency.

I can't do this for my charities because more than one person uses the
book and I think this is what ChrisG was asking about at the start of
this thread and what my general moan is.

--
Wm