[GNC-dev] Currencies in Price Database UI gone weird in 3.4

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Jan 17 18:47:58 EST 2019

> On Jan 14, 2019, at 7:14 AM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 14, 2019, at 12:04 AM, Mike Alexander <mta at umich.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> On Jan 13, 2019, at 7:44 AM, Wm via gnucash-devel <gnucash-devel at gnucash.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I tried to get new exchange rates today for the first time since updating to 3.4.   Tools / Price Database / Currencies was largely unpopulated.  I looked in the file and the prices are there.  I reverted to 3.3 and all looks well again.
>>>
>>> Would someone else that uses one or two currencies other than their home currency have a look if things are looking odd for them too?
>>>
>>> Effect seems the same with both XML and sqlite backends.
>>>
>>> Stock prices seem OK, it is just the currencies that have gone wrong.
>>>
>>> I thought I'd ask here first as I can't see it mentioned on the bug list and it seems to obvious a thing for everyone to have missed so possibly something at my end though I can't think what.
>>
>> I see the same thing.  I hadn’t noticed since I rarely open the price editor dialog and prices are still there and transactions find them when relevant.  If there’s not a bug report for this, you should file one.
>>
>> I also noticed that it seems to be impossible to edit a transaction when the price editor is open.  It is permanently in front of the register window and seems to steal all keyboard events.
>
> Indeed, all of the dialogs seem to have gone partly modal. I noticed that for the reconciliation dialog last week; I couldn’t switch to the register to edit a transaction with an error, and just now I found I couldn’t switch away from the security editor, either.

I fiddled with this a bit today and found that the problem seems to be that switching windows doesn't quite work if you click inside the window. Mouse focus moves to the window but keyboard focus doesn't. Clicking in the window's title bar (where the close/hide/full-screen stoplight is) gets the keyboard focus to switch too.

I don't see anything like that on Windows.

Regards,
John Ralls