[GNC-dev] Debian package

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 05:29:26 EST 2019

Sorry for delay, been otherwise engaged.
On a live Ubuntu 18.10 session running off the install image I started
by attempting to install gnucash_3.4_amd64.deb

ubuntu at ubuntu:~$ sudo dpkg -i Downloads/gnucash_3.4_amd64.deb
Selecting previously unselected package gnucash.
(Reading database ... 149974 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../gnucash_3.4_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking gnucash (1:3.4) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of gnucash:
 gnucash depends on gnucash-common (= 1:3.4); however:
  Package gnucash-common is not installed.
 gnucash depends on libaqbanking35-plugins; however:
  Package libaqbanking35-plugins is not installed.
 gnucash depends on guile-2.2 | guile-2.0; however:
  Package guile-2.2 is not installed.
  Package guile-2.0 is not installed.
 gnucash depends on libfinance-quote-perl; however:
  Package libfinance-quote-perl is not installed.
 gnucash depends on libhtml-tableextract-perl; however:
  Package libhtml-tableextract-perl is not installed.
 gnucash depends on libcrypt-ssleay-perl; however:
  Package libcrypt-ssleay-perl is not installed.
 gnucash depends on libdate-manip-perl; however:
  Package libdate-manip-perl is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package gnucash (--install):
 gnucash

I then tried gnucash_3.4_amd64.deb

ubuntu at ubuntu:~$ sudo dpkg -i Downloads/gnucash-common_3.4_all.deb
Selecting previously unselected package gnucash-common.
(Reading database ... 149977 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../gnucash-common_3.4_all.deb ...
Unpacking gnucash-common (1:3.4) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of gnucash-common:
 gnucash-common depends on libjs-jquery; however:
  Package libjs-jquery is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package gnucash-common (--install):
 gnucash-common