[GNC-dev] Test failure

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Sat Jan 26 20:55:53 EST 2019

On 1/26/19 3:13 AM, Christopher Lam wrote:
> Another experiment. Try prefix your build with "TZ=UTC " on current
> maint.
>
> Eg if using ninja, it'll be "TZ=UTC ninja check"

TZ=UTC dpkg- -rfakeroot -b -uc

End testing: Jan 27 01:47 UTC
+ exit 2
debian/rules:65: recipe for target 'override_dh_auto_test' failed
make[1]: *** [override_dh_auto_test] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/steve/Projects/GnuCash/gnucash'
debian/rules:24: recipe for target 'build' failed
make: *** [build] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build subprocess returned exit
status 2

Same error -- Test 109 that fails.

This is with the patches for 3.4.  I verified before Sabbath that 3.4
builds and passes the tests.  Tried your test first thing this evening
after git checkout maint and git pull.  I am at 3.4-43-g84d1c3645 which
builds but doesn't pass the tests.  So, I could build turning off the
test step.

However, Friday I was learning more about git bisect to see if I could
figure out which patch caused the tests to start failing.  However, a
couple of items got in the way:  1--time;  2--some commits don't build.
That messed me up a bit.  So, I may start over again with the bisect
(just for my own edification) and see what happens.  Maybe this time
I'll do a git describe each time and take notes so I'll be a little more
cognizant of what I'm learning.  <<did that make sense>>

--Steve (in the dark)

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com