[GNC-dev] Budgets: showing total-to-date in budget period, and previous month totals only

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 06:39:33 EDT 2019

The budget.scm can be upgraded to implement ideas from ytd-budget.scm --
This means headers per budget period will potentially be Bgt, Act, Diff,
Bgt(YTD), Act(YTD). Feedback is welcome.
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/pull/532

On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 at 12:49, Christopher Lam <christopher.lck at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Phil, glad to know I haven't broken anything. Can't think what to do
> about headers; these are problems that should be fixed in CSS! If you wish
> I can submit a PR but ideally would wish to create a satisfactory test
> datafile and report output. I don't use budget, so, I wouldn't be the best
> here. If you can send me, I'll try make a basic test for it. C
> On 23/06/18 20:05, Phil Longstaff wrote:
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> I am running 3.1 and it works. The only comment I have is that the 'Bgt',
> 'Act' and 'Diff' headings are left-justified and look a bit strange. I
> think center- or right-justified would be better.
>
> Thanks for doing this.
> Phil
>
> On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 11:16 AM Christopher Lam <
> christopher.lck at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Phil
>> I've taken the liberty of fixing up your YTD-budget, renamed to
>> budget-ytd.
>> I don't use budgeting myself and cannot check figures. But it seems
>> useful enough.
>> https://github.com/christopherlam/gnucash/tree/master-ytd
>> Would you be kind to double check it works as expected in 3.1/maint
>> onwards?
>>
>> On 26 March 2018 at 20:04, Phil Longstaff <phil.longstaff at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I have attached a report which does this.
>>>
>>> I have attached ytd-budget.scm. I have this file in
>>> c:\Users\phill\.gnucash\reports. I then add this line to
>>> c:\Users\phill\.gnucash\config.user:
>>>
>>>     (load "c:\\Users\\phill\\.gnucash\\reports\\ytd-budget.scm")
>>>
>>> This gives me a new "YTD budget" with 3 sets of columns:
>>> 1) selected month
>>> 2) year-to-date