[GNC-dev] GnuCash 3 on Linux

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue Mar 19 11:14:23 EDT 2019

Wm via gnucash-devel <gnucash-devel at gnucash.org> writes:

> On 26/02/2019 08:28, David Cousens wrote:
>> Wm and other interested parties
>>
>> To help alleviate the confusion over where user configuration information is
>> located in V3.x cf v 2.6.x I have started adding some diagrams to illustrate
>> the changes in locations that occurred which are hopefully a bit easier to
>> understand than all that text.
>>
>> Currently I only have a Linux page up and running but I can build the others
>> easily witha little cut and paste.
>
> The Windows version is, I think, uncertain.
>
> Geert says he knows but doesn't.
>
> Some stuff is, quite simply, lost.

I think it depends on your definition of "lost".  It may be lost in the
context of "don't know where it is", but the file DOES still exist,
somewhere -- it was not removed or deleted, so the data still resides
somewhere on the hard disk.  This implies it CAN be found, which is a
much better situation.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745