[GNC-dev] [GNC] UK VAT and "Making Tax Digital"

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed May 8 09:52:05 EDT 2019

On Wednesday, 8 May 2019 14:27:03 BST you wrote:

> It would seem the way forward would be a tailored report, requesting the 7
> source accounts as above, and they will by default select accounts
> according to the UK VAT template accounts. e.g. (1) preselected to accounts
> with substrings "VAT" "Output" and "Sales", (2) to accounts with substrings
> "VAT" "Output" "EC", etc.
>
> Unfortunately the above strategy will not be easily generalisable to other
> countries, let alone other EC VAT reports.

A thought - there's no reason to hard code the default accounts, if it makes
the report more useful to others.

It isn't hard (from a user perspective) to do a 1-time set up of accounts,
then save as a customised set of options for next time around.

Of course, I don't know if that makes it harder for you as author - more
dialogs & options, I suppose?

Maf.