[GNC-dev] Issue with Tax Report in Gnucash 3.3

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon May 20 16:34:29 EDT 2019

Hi,

The functions related to price lookup have been rewritten between gnucash
2.6.x and gnucash 3.x. There was a typo in there that got fixed for gnucash
3.4.

If you want to fix it for 3.3, look for a call to function
gnc-pricedb-lookup-nearest-in-time-t64
and replace it with
gnc-pricedb-lookup-nearest-in-time64

That should be around line 712 in the taxtf.scm file.

Regards,

Geert

Op zaterdag 18 mei 2019 17:55:10 CEST schreef Clint Redwood:
> Hi,
>
> I've upgraded from Gnucash 2.6 to 3.3, and have tried to run the Tax report,
> which I use with a custom set of accounts, and a "fake" exchange rate of 1
> GBP to 1 USD to allow this report to work for a UK company.

> It was all working fine in 2.6, and my custom txf.scm seems to be working in
> 3.3 as I can see my form and field references in the "Tax Report Options"
> screen. However, when I try to run the report it says "Report error -
 An
> error occurred while running the report.", and when I look at the trace
> file, I see...
> --- BEGIN EXCERPT ---
> In taxtxf.scm:
>   3196:17  4 (generate-tax-schedule _ _ _ _ _)
> In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
>    592:17  3 (map1 ((("BalSht") ("1") ("AC44") ("NAC44") ("As…") …) …))
> In taxtxf.scm:
>   2294:40  2 (handle-tax-code _)
>   1218:41  1 (process-account-transaction-detail #<<html-table> col…> …)
>    713:32  0 (process-currency-conversion #f #<swig-pointer gnc_com…> …)
>
> In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable:
> gnc-pricedb-lookup-nearest-in-time-t64
 --- END EXCERPT ---