[GNC-dev] openSUSE added to Docker; easy builds for dev and CI

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon May 27 10:41:07 EDT 2019

> On May 27, 2019, at 4:40 AM, Dale Phurrough via gnucash-devel <gnucash-devel at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all. I've updated the Dockers to build Gnucash for openSUSE 5.0 and 5.1.
> https://github.com/diablodale/gnucash-dev-docker
> With these, you can build GnuCash 3.5+ on major releases of Ubuntu, Debian,
> Arch, CentOS, and openSUSE Linux.
>
> These are great for continuous integration (CI) by everyone by unit testing
> your code and integrating them into systems like Travis. Also good for new
> dev/testers and seeing how to setup your computers with all the needed
> dependencies to compile.
>
>   - Windows: Blocked due to bugs in the Gnucash-on-Windows project.
>   - FreeBSD: The Docker project on FreeBSD died. I won't be delivering
>   these.
>   - Fedora: coming soon...

Very nice.

You know that we already have Dockers for Arch and Ubuntu-14.04 (Arch because it's always bleeding-edge, Ubuntu originally because that's what Travis-CI supported before Docker came along and latterly because it's a good representative of the oldest dependencies supported for the 3.x series). They're in utils/ci. Travis-CI builds are at https://travis-ci.org/Gnucash/gnucash/builds/

IIUC Travis-CI doesn't do Windows and we need to set up an Appveyor instance for that. Does Appveyor use Docker?

Regards,
John Ralls