[GNC-dev] Release Schedule

Wm wm_o_o_o at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 26 03:01:30 EDT 2019

On 25/05/2019 23:53, Christopher Lam wrote:
> Basically anyone who runs a custom .scm file.

Once again you are saying custom without making it clear what you mean.

For the sake of clarity, I do not think you, Christopher, are doing this
with the intention of being unclear.

Some people (hopefully not too many) may have altered an .scm file
provided as part of a standard gnc installation.  I think we should
presume they did that at their own risk.

My concern is if you are proposing something else.

for example, what if someone is depending on a perceived fault in the
current reporting system? <-- I don't know if I am doing this but I
might be.

Possibly more politics than sense, but: I am positive about gnc's
reporting being improved, I'm just not sure why we are doing more scheme
rather than more sql.

> Many function names are being deprecated; they are not used in main code
> anymore but custom .scm files may call them, and will error out after
> removing these functions.

Hmmmn, OK, I still don't know what your definition of custom is :(

--
Wm