[GNC-dev] [GNC] ofxtools - a Python OFX library

Christopher Singley csingley at gmail.com
Fri May 31 11:51:21 EDT 2019

On 5/31/19 9:58 AM, John Ralls wrote:
> The GnuCash API documentation is generated by Doxygen. Some parts are documented better than others. It's built nightly and may be found at https://code.gnucash.org/docs/MAINT.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls
If I want to find, say, gnc_account_imap_find_account(), there doesn't
seem to be a relevant overview. The function name seems to be directing
me to Account.h, where I can indeed find it in context, along with a
helpful comment adjacent.  It's a start in making sense of it.

But what about, say, xaccLotComputeCapGains()?  Where do I look to find
that?

There's many hundreds of these dumped one after the other in the python
wrapper bindings module.  The reverse lookups are painful.

I can't imagine this is a focus for a large C application, but the work
done by the fellows from parit is tantalizing.