[GNC-dev] Help packaging GnuCash 3.x for Ubuntu Bionic

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 22:54:29 EDT 2019

I finally jumped through the hoops and uploaded my backported package of
GnuCash 3.7 to my own launchpad PPA.

Several other folks have done it, but I wanted to follow the backport rules
and hopefully demonstrate I had made only minimal changes to the upload.
(Though I am beginning to think it probably won't get picked up by a
backport volunteer, regardless.)

Anyway, if anyone still wants a pre-built version for Bionic or Mint or any
other Ubuntu Bionic-derived distro, here it is, ready to install. I can
certify that it's essentially the same package as provided for Ubuntu 19.10
"Eoan Ermine," built for Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic Beaver."

https://launchpad.net/~tommy-trussell/+archive/ubuntu/gnc/