[GNC-dev] (no subject)

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 01:59:27 EST 2019

Dear All

Maint branch includes recent changes to report whereby <!DOCTYPE html> is
inserted at the top. This is to improve standards compliance.

The minor side effect right now is that it enforces standards-mode instead
of quirks-mode in webkit (both unices and Windows) charts are squashed to
300px because of
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32214152/why-does-my-div-height-100-work-only-when-doctype-is-removed/32215263#32215263
and I'm not 100% sure of the most appropriate fix yet. Inserting html,body
{height:95%} does the trick by expanding parent elements to 95% of
viewport. Setting height to 100% would be fine except it causes scrollbars
to appear unnecessarily. This fix works both in Unix (libwebkit2) and
Windows (libwebkit1).

If anyone has better ideas how to fix this please let me know. If this
change is unwanted we can revert to previous quirks-mode reports.

Additionally there's a recent change to re-enable negative numbers=red in
reports; a side effect of this was border colour also becomes red. This is
fixed by applying CSS rule "th,td {border-color:grey}" which could cause
cause issues with users with different colour themes. Any further
suggestions welcome.