[GNC-dev] Help packaging GnuCash 3.x for Ubuntu Bionic

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 16:57:28 EDT 2019

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 4:15 PM Stephen M. Butler <kg7je at arrl.net> wrote:

> Sorry for the delayed response.  Other irons were getting too hot in the
> fire and my focus has been elsewhere.  I did make it this far (and
> reloading locales-all and vim to the environment).  I'm trying to follow
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/BuildEnvironment on how to setup
> and utilize sbuild.
>
> Learning sbuild is going to be another learning effort.  But, that
> appears to be the direction I must go.
>
> --Steve

I hope I haven't led you astray... but I think the idea is if you can get
it to build in a "clean" sbuild environment it should build in a PPA or an
"official" build server. The same SHOULD be true for pbuilder but I had
some glitches (many months ago) and found sbuild more reliable.

Unfortunately I, too, have been distracted by other issues. A few days ago
I hammered at the build environment for a few hours and was still stuck at
the same place in the GnuCash build despite my success building the
modified cmake source package. It quits immediately upon not finding the
Python headers where it expects them. I have another theory to work through
about why it's failing but I have to get some other urgent work done.