[GNC-dev] Gnucash built from git doesn't start

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue Oct 22 09:53:00 EDT 2019

Hi,

On Tue, October 22, 2019 9:48 am, Lothar Paltins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> to get the latest patches for the 3.7 release, I've cloned the
> maintenance branch of gnucash:
>
> git clone https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash.git maint
>
> I could successfully run cmake and make, but the generated gnucash
> doesn't start, gnucash.trace contains the following warnings:
>
>> * 15:28:21  WARN <gnc.module> Could not locate module gnucash/engine
>> interface v.0

First, that clone command wont bring you maint branch, it will still check
out master into a directory named "maint".  You need a -b maint in there
to pull the maint branch.

Second, did you "make install"?  GnuCash is finicky about being run from
the build tree.

[snip]

> Did I do something wrong or did I miss something?

Still TBD ;)    Most likely missed something (see above).

> Best regards
> Lothar

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745