[GNC-dev] CMake build system for gnucash-docs

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Sep 7 14:32:41 EDT 2019

> On Sep 7, 2019, at 9:08 AM, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:
>
> Yes, agreed.
> I have been thinking to deal with it the way wxWidgets does [1]: on linux it
> links webkit for it's htmlview, on Windows it links to Windows' own html
> component. As our htmlbackend is swappable we may be able to do a similar
> thing for gnucash. That's the idea, but I haven't had time so far to try this.

I've been sort-of pondering that. MacOS also uses WebKit, Apple being the principal WebKit developers, and the latest Edge browser from Microsoft is built on Chromium which is pretty much WebKit with a different Javascript interpreter. The trick for both Windows and MacOS will be to get the rendered page drawn on a cairo surface to pass to GtkDrawingArea.

Regards,
John Ralls