[GNC-dev] Build fail on Linux Mint 19.2

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Sep 10 03:30:54 EDT 2019

Op maandag 9 september 2019 23:57:53 CEST schreef David Cousens:
> Hi John,
>
> I am getting a cmake configuration fail while trying to build v3.7 from the
> tarball on Linux Mint 19.2. I have cmake  3.13.4 installed. I've listed the
> glib swig and guile  and gdk packages installed after the cmake output below
> and attached the cmake output log and error log from the build directory.
>
> The cmake error log seems to indicate a problem finding <gdk/gdk.h>.  As far
> as I can see the dependencies are OK.
> $ locate gdk.h
> /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdk.h
> /usr/include/gtk-3.0/gdk/gdk.h
>
> It may be a Linux Mint 19.2 related as I get the same errors building v3.6
> again from scratch. I can't remember having to rebuild it when I upgraded
> from Mint 19.1 to 19.2 a few weeks ago.
>
> David
>
> david at Mintie:~/Applications/gnucash-3.7$ mkdir build
> david at Mintie:~/Applications/gnucash-3.7$ cd build
> david at Mintie:~/Applications/gnucash-3.7/build$ cmake
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local -DWITH_PYTHON=yes ../gnucash

What is the exact location of your source directory ? I suspect you are trying
to run cmake on the gnucash subdirectory instead of the root of your source
directory.

Or a bit more explicitly - is
~/Applications/gnucash-3.7 the directory containing these subdirectories:
bindings
borrowed
gnucash
libgnucash
and so on

Or are these subdirectories in
~/Applications/gnucash-3.7/gnucash ?

Your cmake invocation is for the latter setup. However the errors you get
suggest it should instead probably be
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local -DWITH_PYTHON=yes ..

Regards,

Geert