[GNC-dev] Ubuntu Eoan has GnuCash 3.7

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 14:14:11 EDT 2019

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 12:57 PM John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> > On Sep 27, 2019, at 9:59 AM, Tommy Trussell <tommy.trussell at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I just noticed Gianfranco Costamagna <locutusofborg at debian.org> patched
> and
> > uploaded GnuCash 3.7 for Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan Ermine":
> >
> > https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnucash
> >
> > I was just looking at the packaging diff hoping I would find it
> > instructive. It looks like Gianfranco added a lot of patches to get it to
> > build.
> >

> https://launchpadlibrarian.net/444417571/gnucash_1%3A3.7-1_1%3A3.7-1ubuntu1.diff.gz
>
> Look more closely at those patches. You might recognize the author. ;-)
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

I DID notice a certain name showing up there! ;-)

I see (some? all?) of them (plus a few OTHER things we've discussed here
even in the past few days) in the git log for GnuCash after the 3.7 tag.
:-/  Such is the nature of moving targets!

I'm a little surprised the Ubuntu people accepted this upload after the
freeze date with so many patches to the 3.7 tarball, but I gather there are
folks yelling loudly for the aqbanking fixes.