[GNC-dev] About 3.9 and reconciliation balances

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 03:25:18 EDT 2020

Regarding reverting:

It is too difficult to create a UI to modify reconciled dates. Options to
fix this are:

1. roll back this change and tolerate the invalid data. This means any
progress on that matter is hindered forever.

2. allow this change depending on a user-selectable book property "Use
strict reconcile date balances".
Pros: This means the book can be read/written by any recent version. See
"Use split action for num" as a similar example.
Cons: The toggled property can be a confusing option for new users.

3. allow this change depending on a non-user-selectable book feature "Use
strict reconcile date balances".
Pros: This feature can be set by a menu item. It triggers one-time
verification of all reconciled dates, instructing users to
correct/re-reconcile previous reconciled-dates, and sets the book feature
if all dates seem correct.
Cons: This means the book can only be read by 3.10 onwards.