[GNC-dev] reconciliation concept from top view

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 21:48:05 EDT 2020

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020, 2:57 am Dale Phurrough via gnucash-devel, <
gnucash-devel at gnucash.org> wrote:

> Accounting example:
> On 1 April 2020 the bank and I believe it is the truth that my bank account
> contains $1000. Two days later, I discovered that an additional deposit of
> $500 should have been posted to my account. The bank found their error,
> reissued a statement, and I updated my ledger. Now the bank and I agree
> the truth is my bank account contained $1500 on 1 April 2020.

I do not think a bank is ever allowed to amend a statement like this. It's
financial fraud. At most, they may issue a new transaction on the day of
the correction, and offer an adjustment for fees, interest etc also dated
on the day of the correction.