[GNC-dev] Import multiple OFX

jeanl ripngo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 12:01:30 EDT 2020

Hi Devs,
I have code that enables importing multiple OFX in one shot. It's actually
*almost* already supported by GC, and required few changes.
- The file import dialog needs a new option to allow multiple-file
selections
- Then there's simply a loop over files using the regular code.

This is great for some people (me) whose banks don't combine ofx files,
makes the workflow a lot nicer.

What do you think, should I do a PR for this?
Jean
Note: the normal file dialog returns a char* . I added a new type
IMPORT_MULTIPLE that enables the multiple file selection, but then the
return must be a GSList*. It's easy (and hacky) to masquerade this GSList*
as a char*, and this requires no change anywhere else. The alternative is to
add 1 input parameter GSList** to the file dialog, but this requires changes
in many files since there are no default parameter values in C.

--
Sent from: http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-Dev-f1435356.html