[GNC-dev] Bug (side-effect) in gnucash-on-flatpak: logs get uploaded to docs_revision branch

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue Apr 21 07:07:38 EDT 2020

Hi,

I am trying to set up a new flatpak build for chris to test out his beta
branch.  Of course I cannot just call build_package.sh -r beta because
there is no beta branch of the docs.  However, when I use -d <xxx> to
specify a specific gnucash-docs directory, this has an unusual side
effect:  the build log gets uploaded into the <xxx> directory!

In other words, if I say build_package.sh -r beta -d master, the build log
gets uploaded to build-logs/master/yyyy-mm/build-beta-...

This appears to happen because the function prepare_repo() sets the
variable remote_branch_dir, and that gets used (later) in
upload_build_log().  SO the fact that we prepare_repo for the code and
only later prepare_repo docs, it's the DOCS version that gets used.

It's a very odd side-effect of the code, but I suppose it makes sense for
something like -r 3.10 -d maint.  But doesn't make sense in my case.

I'm not sure the right way to "fix" this.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745