[GNC-dev] GnuCash 4.0 move windows support to only Windows 10?

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Apr 28 09:03:12 EDT 2020

Hi Sumit,

We support Windows 8.1 because this version if Windows is still supported by Microsoft as well
albeit only for extended support.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

Feel free to experiment with clang and MSVC STL. If that can be made to work in addition to
MingW's clang and gcc that's a nice improvement. Whether that build would run on Windows 8.1
I don't know, and for the moment not that important. Our official builds can and will continue to
use MingW's clang and gcc for the time being.

Regards,

Geert

Op dinsdag 28 april 2020 09:24:09 CEST schreef Sumit Bhardwaj:
> John et al,
>
> I looked through the release notes for 3.90x and noticed the support for
> Windows 8.1. Is there a specific reason to keep supporting Windows 8.1? Are
> there many users asking for support on Windows 8.1? For reference, Windows
> 10 was released on Jul 29, 2015.
>
> Selfishly, I want to see if I can use a clang with MSVC STL
> (https://github.com/microsoft/stl) to build gnucash on windows and I am not
> sure, what impact Windows 8.1 would have on that?
>
> Thanks,
> Sumit

08d7eb2b7f6b%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637236444364324324

&sdata=dKwHmPl0QHVyDC893QYkbBzrNsGE%2FMw6J5pRpnmeVTI%3D&reserved=0.

> Regards,
> John Ralls

> d9b4f570cfd08d7eb2b7f6b%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C6372364

44364324324&sdata=Dc8YbuNMsFbOF85eZ22HLEBaZlMCGLtnx37JWBD4Qdk%3D&re