[GNC-dev] Proposal: Scheduling string freeze 2 weeks before each release

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 17:08:12 EST 2020

Dear coders and translators,

watching translations often arrive short after a release is frustrating.
But translators often do not know, when they should start tp cover all
changes.

If we schedule a string freeze 2 weeks before each release, coders have
still two and a half month to apply changes without restrictions.
And translators will have 2 weeks to do their work.

If nobody objects, we will apply this rule for 4.3:
Pull Requests before: Sa, 2020-12-11 00:00 UTC
Other commits before: Sa, 2020-12-11 12:00 UTC or ask on IRC
Then: Running checks and, if required, fixes
Finally: Label on Github with tarball, Announcement

Regards
Frank