[GNC-dev] Pre-4.3 String Freeze

Benno Schulenberg coordinator at translationproject.org
Sun Dec 13 05:28:46 EST 2020

John,

> We're trying an experiment for this maintenance release: We're doing a string
> freeze two weeks before the 4.3 maintenance release. I think you can use a
> GitHub-generated tarball to generate your potfile. It's at
> https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/archive/4.3-string-freeze.tar.gz
>
> Please let me know ASAP if it doesn't work for you and I'll generate a regular
> dist tarball for you.

You keep asking me to adapt to the way Gnucash works...  Can we keep the
interface with the TP stable?  I just need the URL of a tarball, and the
tarball should be named <packagename>-<version>.tar.<compression>.  So I
would suggest in this case: gnucash-4.3-pre1.tar.gz.  And preferrably it
should unpack into a directory of the same name-version.  Thanks.

Benno