[GNC-dev] Improve OFX import since aqbanking is not longer very robust?

Dale Phurrough dale at hidale.com
Sat Feb 8 20:20:03 EST 2020

Hi. Perhaps there's some partnership possible  I'm a 25+ year Fidelity
Investments customer and have several accounts with them.
Fidelity is OFX2 for these accounts. All of the accounts are classified as
"investment accounts" - some of which have a cash/checking account
associated with them.
If we can scrub/anonymize my data, then I could provide years worth of
testing data - whatever their servers will let me download.
Currently, I have been using "ofxget" to download the cash/checking
associated data and import it manually into gnucash, e.g.
   ofxget --version 200 --appid QWIN --appver 2700 --language ENG ...
I have not attempted importing stock, cap gains, dividends, etc. activity.
That is a level of complexity for account hierarchy, lots, etc. that is
beyond my time bandwidth.

If someone can make an anonymizer, then I can provide the test data.

--Dale