[GNC-dev] Enabling github branch protection rules? Re: [Gnucash/gnucash] po/de.po: fix translation bug (#627)

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Sun Jan 5 15:50:20 EST 2020

Am Freitag, 3. Januar 2020, 23:19:13 CET schrieb John Ralls:
> Christian,
>
> Well, it does disable the merge button. "applies to administrators" has to
> be checked too for it to apply to you, me, and Geert. Unfortunately it also
> applies to pushes from code:

Oh well. Ok, thanks for testing. I was just wondering whether all these fancy
new workflow enforcements would allow us to enforce our particular workflow,
but apparently this is not supported. After this discussion I am now fully
aware of not using the github website merge button again, so I think we can
safely leave things as it is. Thanks!

Regards,
Christian

> Counting objects: 16, done.
> Delta compression using up to 16 threads.
> Compressing objects: 100% (16/16), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (16/16), 1.58 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
> Total 16 (delta 12), reused 0 (delta 0)
> remote: *** Mirror changes to origin (usually github)...
> remote: remote: error: GH006: Protected branch update failed for
> refs/heads/maint. remote: remote: error: At least 2 approving reviews are
> required by reviewers with write access. remote: To
> ssh://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash.git
> remote:    d409d009f..b5fdcfcb5  origin/maint -> origin/maint
> remote:  ! [remote rejected]     maint -> maint (protected branch hook
> declined) remote: error: failed to push some refs to
> 'ssh://git@github.com/Gnucash/gnucash.git' To
> ssh://code.gnucash.org/gnucash
>    b5fdcfc..c9998a8  maint -> maint
>
> That could probably be worked around by making code a maintainer and
> reducing your privs to regular developer. Geert and I would still get the
> merge button but we know better than to use it.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls
>
> > On Jan 3, 2020, at 12:57 PM, Christian Stimming <christian at cstimming.de>
> > wrote:
> >
> > John,
> >
> > thanks a lot for testing. Well, that's unfortunate. However, maybe some of
> > the other rules would help us to avoid this better?
> > https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/settings/branch_protection_rules/new
> > How about activating "Require pull request reviews before merging" with
> > maybe "2"? Again, I'm not sure whether code-gnucash-user can still push
> > the commits. Could you give it a try? Thanks a lot.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Christian
> >
> > Am Freitag, 3. Januar 2020, 00:15:02 CET schrieb John Ralls:
> >> Christian,
> >>
> >> Just tried it as a test (the user id is code-gnucash-user). It doesn't
> >> prevent merging from the web page.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> John Ralls

Ellenberger: