[GNC-dev] gnucash.xcodeproj obsolete ?

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Jan 16 16:40:14 EST 2020

Probably mostly a question directed at Mike, but I'm sending it to the list so
others can follow...

The gnucash repository contains a gnucash.xcodeproj directory that was set up
by Mike Alexander in 2014 as a helper to run unit tests via xcode. It has
gotten regular updates until somewhere in 2017.

Since then the code paths have been changing a lot and in its current state
this project folder is unusable.

On the other hand, meanwhile the gnucash project has switched to the cmake
toolchain which natively can generate xcode project files. Having no access
any more to an Apple PC, I can't test how well that works but I have no reason
to assume it wouldn't.

With this capability baked into cmake do we still want to keep the old xcode
project in our repo ? Can it do something we wouldn't be able to do with the
cmake generated xcode project (possibly after some tweaking of our current
cmake scripts) ?

Geert