[GNC-dev] Gnucash 2.6: make distcheck in po bombs on file paths starting with sub

Kevin Buckley kevin.m.buckley at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 04:33:33 EDT 2020

Yes, I know 2.6 is older than old now, but this must have worked once.

FWIW, I have taken the 2.6.21 source tree, which had the old
hierarchy under topdir/src and moved everything around so as
to match the new source layout that came in for 2.7.

Nearly everything works, however when I come to do a

make distcheck

the files that would typically get ignored, by virtue of being in

POTFILES.skip

blow up the distcheck because the build of the distribution, taking place in

${distdir}/_build/sub/po

sees files such as

sub/gnucash/gnome/gnucash.desktop.in
sub/gnucash/import-export/qif-imp/qif-dialog-utils.scm
sub/gnucash/import-export/qif-imp/qif-file.scm
sub/gnucash/import-export/qif-imp/qif-import/qif-dialog-utils.scm

and of course, if it wasn't for the sub at the start it would complete
because it does when I do a simple "make check"

I'm assuming there's a missing "builddir", "top_builddir" or "abs_top_builddir"
that's not being prepended somewhere but I can't see where it needs to be
put in.

The make check is running a

srcdir=../../../po /path/to/intltool-update -m

from

${distdir}/_build/sub/po

Any clues/pointers ?

As I say, this must have worked once (at least once?),
Kevin