[GNC-dev] qof_book_is_readonly error in trace file

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Jun 14 11:11:19 EDT 2020

> On Jun 14, 2020, at 5:16 AM, Robert Fewell <14ubobit at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> If you start gnucash with the --nofile option and then proceed to use the
> New Account Hierarchy Assistant, when you do the save you get the following
> error in the trace file 4 times...
>
> ERROR <gnc.engine> gboolean qof_book_is_readonly(const QofBook*): assertion
> 'book != NULL' failed
>
> This I assume is because there is no book for use in qof_book_is_readonly,
> qofbook.c line 579 but that does not appear to have changed so I am unsure
> of a fix.

I stopped it creating a session and therefore a book when you pass --nofile or when it can't find the file/database you asked to open so that it wouldn't then ask if you wanted to save the book when you opened something new. Looks like I missed at least one path that assumes there's always a book, I'll track that down after I finish the release.

Regards,
John Ralls