[GNC-dev] Can I edit the github release notice

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jun 15 13:29:49 EDT 2020

> On Jun 15, 2020, at 6:43 AM, Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Robert Fewell <14ubobit at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just noticed that the release says you can have multiple transaction
>> associations, the 6th bullet point but it is still only one per transaction.
>
> You probably should not edit anything directly in github, or it will
> probably get lost on the next push from code.

Release notices are different from git-controlled files, though. Those are only editable via Github.

Note though that the Github release notices, release news on https://www.gnucash.org/news.phtml, and the emailed release announcement all use the same text and that it starts with the www.gnucash.org news item. Those are in the gnucash-htdocs repo.

I'll fix all of it up if you like, just tell me what line you want changed.

Regards,
John Ralls