[GNC-dev] gnucash 3.906-1 fails to launch on clicked icon

Jeff Earickson jaearick at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 15:22:48 EDT 2020

John,

"open Gnucash.app" via command-line gives the same error code 1 in
system.log, nothing else happens.

I had to hunt for a gnucash.trace file by walking the root directory with
find.  Finally found something in
/System/Volumes/data/private/var/folders/(other stuff)/gnucash.trace.  I
zeroed out the tile via "cat /dev/null > gnucash.trace" then started
clicking and trying to open the app via command-line.  Not a single byte
went to this file.  Just the errcode 1 to system.log.

Then I tried via the commond-line, running the executable:

cd /Applications/Gnucash/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS
./Gnucash --debug --extra --logto /tmp/gnucash.trace

The application opened up, wanted me to create a new account, I clicked
thru the "next" buttons to do so, and then it crashed.  I realize this may
be a different problem than the "fail to open" issue, but the latter
problem refuses to cough up a tracefile anyplace.  See attached.

Thanks,
Jeff Earickson

--
--- Jeff Earickson