[GNC-dev] gnucash 3.906-1 fails to launch on clicked icon

Jeff Earickson jaearick at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 19:10:44 EDT 2020

John,

I fired up the console and looked in Crash Reports.  Nothing from gnucash.

Doing "open Gnucash.app --args --debug" works great.  The app fires up and
acts normally.  I get a trace file (attached).  I get a normal termination
when closing out.  No system.log complaints.

So I created a new user (no admin capabilities), logged in, and tried to
fire up Gnucash.  It did not work via click nor via open from the command
line.  Both gave the err code 1 to system.log like before.  However it also
worked just fine via "open Gnucash.app --args --debug" as well, and I got a
tracefile there too.  I went thru the new account setup, no crashes, no
problems, looked good.

Gnucash seems to get stomped by the OS during launch really early, before
gnucash gets to the point of opening files like the trace file or doing
anything useful.  Almost like the fork/exec of the process fails, or some
security setting someplace just says NOPE to the process.

Jeff

--
--- Jeff Earickson