[GNC-dev] [GNC] error message with finance::quote gnc-path-check + problems with retrieving quotes for 2 symbols.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Jun 23 19:51:12 EDT 2020

Please remember to copy the list on all replies.

The security you had trouble with is QCSCRX. I get:
/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-dump -v yahoo_json QCSCRX
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: QCSCRX               <=== required
      date: 06/23/2020           <=== recommended
  currency: USD                  <=== required
      last: 267.395              <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

All fields returned by Finance::Quote for stock QCSCRX

stock           field  value
-----           -----  -----
QCSCRX       currency: USD
QCSCRX           date: 06/23/2020
QCSCRX       exchange: Sourced from Yahoo Finance (as JSON)
QCSCRX        isodate: 2020-06-23
QCSCRX           last: 267.395
QCSCRX         method: yahoo_json
QCSCRX           name: QCSCRX (CREF Social Choice Account - R1)
QCSCRX        success: 1
QCSCRX         symbol: QCSCRX
QCSCRX           type: MUTUALFUND
Use of uninitialized value in printf at /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-dump line 138.
QCSCRX         volume:

It seems unlikely that it would be anything other than a temporary issue at Yahoo!.

Regards,
John Ralls