[GNC-dev] Single User Installation location on Linux

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Mar 6 04:29:13 EST 2020

Op vrijdag 6 maart 2020 10:09:01 CET schreef Colin Law:
> Inspecting my Ubuntu 19.10 system I see that a number of applications
> have installed themselves to ~/.local/bin.  Platformio for example.
> Also that folder is in the PATH, but whether it is there on a clean
> install I don't know.
>
> Colin

It probably is in the PATH by default. See my other mail for more details.

What I am still curious about though is how applications get installed in $HOME/.local/bin.

I would assume using apt would install system wide. Are those applications coming in via
another installation mechanism ? Snaps perhaps ?

Can you figure out how these applications got installed and how that installation method
differs from the typical system-wide ones ?

Geert