[GNC-dev] Ideas for account type-ahead modification

jean laroche ripngo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 00:18:53 EDT 2020

I have the beginning of a solution for type-ahead. It's functional but
it does not implement the whole idea.
Here's what I did:
- Made it possible to type and see the pop up select the *first* account
that match the typed string (in real-time, as you type).
- From then on, if you're happy with the account selected, you do
arrow-up the arrow-down and the account name appears where you typed.

This works quite well for such a simple modification, but it's not great
because the pop up still shows *all* the accounts, not just those that
match the string you inserted. Ideally, the popup should only show the
accounts that match.
Also, it's currently incompatible with the previous type-ahead model so,
you'd have to pick between the old and the new, possibly in the
preferences (not implemented).

But it's a start.
Jean