[GNC-dev] PDF Reports

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Wed Mar 18 09:19:44 EDT 2020

On 3/17/2020 11:00 PM, David Carlson wrote:
> I added gnucash-user to the cc to distribute this to wider audience.
>
> I believe that if you export to pdf, then some pdf readers do split between
> lines.  I think Firefox is one that works ok, but it has been a while since
> I tried it.
>
> David Carlson

Again I will point out, IF you are after "pretty printed" reports (for
example, when treasurer of an org, what is handed out to the board or
posted on the organization's web site, DON'T expect to be able to all
the fancy editing within gnucash. That is not the place for it, and a
waste of time for accounting system programmers to try to provide
expanded editing control when perfectly good general purpose editors
already exist.

So in the example here, instead of exporting into PDF expecting that to
be print ready, export into something else you can edit, get things like
those page breaks where you want them, then convert to PDF and print (or
link to site).

Michael D Novack