[GNC-dev] Unable to run test on mac os.

jean ripngo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 17:48:39 EDT 2020

> jralls suggested:
> That's googletest. The Xcode generator must not be making the connection
> between that output file and the gtest target. Does Xcode show a gtest
> target, and if so does building it first get you further along building the
> tests?
>
> I'll check and post back.

Yes, there's a gtest target, which does build. Despite that, the same
error occurs.

clang: error: no such file or directory:
'/Users/Shari/gnucash-stable/build_xcode/common/test-core/libgtest.a'
clang: error: no such file or directory:
'/Users/Shari/gnucash-stable/build_xcode/common/test-core/libgtest.a'

The missing .a files are here:
./common/test-core/Debug/libgtest.a

I.e. xcode expects common/test-core/libgtest.a but instead I have
./common/test-core/Debug/libgtest.a

As a test, if I copy these *.a file from Debug -> where they're
expected, the build works. A symlink does not work.

However, tests still fail with the check target, for example:

Showing Recent Messages
Test not available without configuration.  (Missing "-C <config>"?)

  45/130 Test  #45: test-recurrence ..............................***Not
Run   0.00 sec

         Start  46: test-business

I'll check the test target.