[GNC-dev] Advice on what to look at next

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 02:11:07 EDT 2020

I think: the transition 3.x to 4.x is roughly:
- new features incompatible to current code go into 4.x
- 3.x can potentially understand/read 4.x datafiles
- unused code in 3.x can get marked deprecated
- bug fixes and code cleanup in 3.x
- 3.x is merged into 4.x periodically so that 4.x receive bugfixes and code
cleanup
- deprecated code in 3.x can be removed in 4.x

Result: any datafile saved in 3.x should be readable by 4.x, but not
viceversa.