[GNC-dev] Master: Cannot open or save to SQLite3 database

Chris Good goodchris96 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 01:40:31 EDT 2020

Hi,

GnuCash master (as at 29 Apr 2020 fbf7171ab Fix libgnc-app-utils.dylib
install_name_dir.) on Ubuntu 18.04

I'm trying to open SQLite3 file del-account-cross-currencies-issue.gnucash
attached to bug 797220.

But when I try to open SQLite3 file. It says "no suitable backend was found"
and if I try to save an xml file, only xml format is available.

I have built with no options for turning off SQL ie

Src/CMakeLists.txt:                         WITH_SQL=ON

I have the following installed

libdbi-dev                           0.9.0-5

libdbi1                                 0.9.0-5

libdbi1-dbg                         0.9.0-5

libdbd-sqlite3                     0.9.0-5ubuntu2

When I try to debug, it seems to me:

In gnucash/libgnucash/backend/dbi/gnc-backend-dbi.cpp
gnc_module_init_backend_dbi()

I can see HAVE_LIBDBI_R is set

num_drivers = dbi_initialize_r (driver_dir, &dbi_instance);

               returns num_drivers=0 but dbi_instance is no longer null so
the code exits before any drivers are registered.

Any suggestions please?

Regards,

Chris Good