[GNC-dev] XCode build not building gnc-vcs-info

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Thu May 7 03:31:34 EDT 2020

On 6 May 2020, at 13:27, John Ralls wrote:

> There should be a target for gnc-vcs-info. Maybe it's not getting into
> the build-all target, or isn't in the right place?

There is.  I discovered that everything works ok if you build using
xcodebuild from the command line.  In that case it makes gnc-vcs-info.h
from gnc-vcs-info.h.in as it should.  However if you try to build using
XCode itself it somehow skips that step and later complains that
gnc-vcs-info.h doesn't exist.  This feels like a bug in either cmake or
XCode.  I don't think it is worth pursuing since building using
scodebuild works.  I was using XCode since it seems faster.  Since the
notes on using SCode say to use xcodebuild I don't think there is
anything more that needs to be done.  It might be possible to work
around the problem, but probably not worth the trouble.

        Mike