[GNC-dev] Master: Cannot open or save to SQLite3 database

Chris Good goodchris96 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 04:10:53 EDT 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us>
Sent: Friday, 8 May 2020 6:53 AM
To: Chris Good <goodchris96 at gmail.com>
Cc: gnucash-devel <gnucash-devel at gnucash.org>
Subject: Re: [GNC-dev] Master: Cannot open or save to SQLite3 database

> On May 6, 2020, at 8:42 PM, Chris Good <goodchris96 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi John,
>
> cd /home/cgood/gnucash-master/build
> cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debug -G"Eclipse CDT4 - Ninja"
> -DCMAKE_ECLIPSE_GENERATE_SOURCE_PROJECT=TRUE
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../install ../src as per
> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Eclipse#With_CMake_.26_Ninja
>
> repo is /home/cgood/gnucash-master/src
>
> Regards,
> Chris Good

I was able to reproduce this on my Fedora 31 VM, no Eclipse required. It
turns out that the lines
    get_filename_component(drivers_dir ${LIBDBI_DRIVERS_DIR} DIRECTORY)
    set(LIBDBI_DRIVERS_DIR ${drivers_dir} CACHE FILEPATH "Directory
containing the libdbi driver modules." FORCE) recurse so that
LIBDBI_DRIVERS_DIR ends up being '/', confusing the heck out of libdbi. I
changed the find_library result variable to LIBDBI_DRIVERS, preventing the
recursion, and libdbi is happy again.

I also fixed GNC_DBD_DIR so that it doesn't have a default. Instead it just
loads from the command line or the environment. It's in the main
CMakeLists.txt to help find_library find the drivers if they're somewhere
outside of the usual places, much like GTEST_ROOT. That's separate from
putting it in the environment file; *that* is for making it relocatable,
particularly for MacOS app bundles.

Pushed to maint and merged up to master.

Regards,
John Ralls

Hi John,

Tested and working fine.