[GNC-dev] Windows build fails to run

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon May 11 12:27:56 EDT 2020

> On May 11, 2020, at 4:45 AM, Robert Fewell <14ubobit at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> #6  0x0244ae57 in qof_log_check (domain=0x0, level=(QOF_LOG_WARNING | unknown: 2))
>     at C:/gcdev64/gnucash/master/src/gnucash-git/libgnucash/engine/qoflog.cpp:308

That's what I suspected. I made qof_log_check do a g_return_value_if_fail on domain=NULL and it caused crashes in some tests that didn't have G_LOG_DOMAIN set.

> Have you noticed that the Windows trace file has DEBUG entries as default?

Yeah, that's on purpose because for most users getting a stack trace is too hard. Having GnuCash always run with --debug gets as much info on crashes as possible. What I'm not sure about is how G_DEBUG is getting set. Unless something got changed in GLib recently that's what turns on g_abort() from a CRITICAL log message.

So I'll rework qof_log_check to log a WARNING about a NULL domain and use a substitute one (maybe "gnc.unknown") for the log message.

Regards,
John Ralls