[GNC-dev] 'g_signal_handler_disconnect: assertion' on master

Robert Fewell 14ubobit at gmail.com
Sat May 30 07:09:58 EDT 2020

Hi,

I built master in a different VM and ran Gnucash from there that happened
to have and open Invoice and when I closed it I got the following...

* 11:52:31 ERROR <GLib-GObject> g_signal_handler_disconnect: assertion
'G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

I tracked this down to a difference in the way the sheet is closed between
registers and invoices. The gnc-date-cell-destroy is being called before
the gnc-item_edit_destroying for invoices and so when the item_edit tries
to do the signal disconnect on the popup_item it no longer exists.

It can be fixed by moving gtk_widget_destroy(widget);, line 617 in
dialog-invoice.c to above the gnc_entry_ledger_destroy (iw->ledger);

Just not sure if this causes a different problem, all seems to work but as
I do not use invoices would like a second opinion.

Regards,

Bob