[GNC-dev] Request to move translation to Gnu Translation Project

Pedro Albuquerque pmra at gmx.com
Thu Nov 26 22:26:52 EST 2020

Hi John, Frank, all,

As usual, your help and response are excellent. To bad I'm not capable
of working decently with such great developers. I'll do my best to
maintain GnuCash updated, anyway I can. So, let's find a way.

Regarding TP, the answer was already given by Benno, since he already
removed the 'External' mark and assigned the translation to me. Being
behind one or two minor versions is a lot better than what it is right
now, so I think it will be an improvement anyway.

Regarding the other files (accounts, glossary and website), Frank, I
don't mind at all that you send me a 'pre-release archive', let's say a
week before the string freeze. I'm almost sure I can update the
translations on time and re-send them to you by email. But I think it's
not practical to you. It may work, until a better solution is found.

Weblate, or any other online service would be great and, I think, easy
for you developers to maintain. And could aggregate all files under a
same language project. Anything but Github, please.

The only remaining problem would be the documentation. I don't even know
how to find the differences between what is already translated and what
is not.

That said, thank you all again for your availability to help and for a
great software. Always at your disposal.

Regards,
Pedro