[GNC-dev] Auto reconcile from register window

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Wed Oct 28 02:02:57 EDT 2020

Yes, but, Autoclear doesn't need an account any more than reconcile
needs one.  Both gnc_plugin_page_register_cmd_reconcile and
gnc_plugin_page_register_cmd_autoclear call
gnc_plugin_page_register_get_account to get the account to work on.
This may return a null pointer if the register doesn't have a clearly
defined account (e.g. search results), but it works as well for one
caller as for the other.  Reconcile calls recnWindow to do the real work
and it checks for a null account and returns immediately if given one.
The corresponding autoclear method is autoClearWindow and it doesn't
check for a null account pointer.

It seems to me that if we fix autoClearWindow to check for a null
account and hook up the menu item in the register window things should
work fine.  I can do that unless someone knows why it's a bad idea.

Mike