[GNC-dev] flatpak environment.local

Chris Good goodchris96 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 02:38:03 EDT 2021

Hi,

(disclosure: I'm a flatpak newbie)

I'm trying to update my BackupGnuCash utility
(https://github.com/goodvibes2/BackupGnuCashLinux) to cater for Flatpak.

I'm trying to find out if environment.local needs to be backed up, and if
so, where it should be.

I created an environment.local containing:

# 22/04/2021 CRG Set LANG to en_GB to test where environment.local should be
in flatpak

LANG=en_GB

LANGUAGE={LANG}

And put it in

/etc/gnucash

and

/var/lib/flatpak/app/org.gnucash.GnuCash/current/active/files/etc/gnucash

But when GnuCash is restarted, the trace file still shows:

INFO <gnc.gui> [Gnucash::CoreApp::start] Effective locale set to
en_AU.UTF-8.

Can flatpak GnuCash read an environment.local file and if so, where should
it be?

Regards,

Chris Good