[GNC-dev] flatpak environment.local

Chris Good goodchris96 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 22:54:57 EDT 2021

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the suggestion.
~/.local/share/flatpak/app does not exist in my system (Ubuntu 20.04 flatpak 1.65).
Not sure if relevant, but I installed the GnuCash flatpak for only my user - i.e. NOT using sudo.

I'm not sure setting LANG=en_GB in environment.local was a good test of if environment.local is being used.
I did the same in Windows and the trace file message still shows the effective local has not been altered.
I did check en_GB is available in my flatpak GnuCash shell.

I'm happy to update the wiki when I know where environment.local should be or if it is not used.

BTW jralls in https://github.com/flathub/org.gnucash.GnuCash/issues/24#issuecomment-651967321 says:
  I've patched guile to not do the timestamp check and just use any .go files it finds. Has that helped?

And another user says it fixed the issue of .scm files being recompiled on every launch.
But I still needed to touch all the .go files in Ubuntu (and derivates as the flatpak wiki says). Any idea why jralls' fix doesn't help in Ubuntu?

Regards,
Chris Good